Spring fruit salad with tangy coconut crème
This is a classic fruit salad with a unique twist - it is like a fruity coconut crème pie - and is absolutely delicious!
Be Well Week recipes developed by Bowel Cancer Australia nutritionist, Teresa Mitchell-Paterson.
3 mandarins, peeled, pith removed and chopped
1 ripe pawpaw or papaya, peeled and chopped
½ ripe pineapple, chopped
Zest of 2 blood orange (use the zest of the blood oranges below)
2 blood oranges, peeled, pith removed and chopped
4 tbsp coconut syrup
6 mint leaves for decoration
- Combine all chopped fruits in a large bowl
- Add 4 tablespoons of coconut syrup and mix through the combined fruit
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge
- Whip coconut crème to form stiff peaks
- Gently fold through orange zest (leave 1 tbsp aside to sprinkle at end)
- Serve cold topped with coconut crème and sprinkled with colourful orange zest and one mint leaf
Want to add more fibre? Add a tablespoon of roasted crushed nuts and seeds on top. Delicious!
Vegetarian and Vegan with 2-3 grams fibre per serve without nuts, 4-5 grams fibre with nuts.