Sugar-free carrot cake muffins
For a healthier alternative to a classic, try this sugar and dairy-free carrot cake muffins. We promise you won’t even notice the difference!
- 1 ½ cups grated carrot
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped dates
- ½ cup mashed banana
- ¼ cup oil (olive, coconut or macadamia), plus 2 tsp extra
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place carrot, flour, almond meal, baking powder and walnuts in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and blend with a stick mixer until smooth (or us a blender).
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to fold through. When batter has come together, set aside for 5 minutes to thicken,
- Use the extra oil to grease a muffin tray (or use muffin cups). Spoon the batter into the cups and bake for 25-30 minutes. Muffins are cooked when a skewer comes out clean.
Source: The Healthy Mummy
Article created in partnership with Over60