Zucchini fritters with portabella mushrooms & poached egg
Easy to whip up when you haven't planned dinner, this meal is both tasty and healthy.
4 (240g) portabella mushrooms, thickly sliced
240g truss cherry tomatoes, cut into 4 lengths
1/3 cup olive oil
350g zucchini, grated
100g haloumi cheese, chopped
1 tsp sweet paprika
2 green onions, thinly sliced
½ cup (75g) self-raising flour
1/3 cup (80ml) milk
1. Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place cherry tomatoes on the baking tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until tomatoes are softened.
3. Using hands squeeze zucchini to remove any excess liquid. Combine zucchini, haloumi, paprika and green onion in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Combine flour, 2 eggs and milk in a separate bowl. Add zucchini mixture and stir gently until combine.
4. Heat one third of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Drop ¼ cups of the fritter mixture into pan and cook, in batches, for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, poach remaining 4 eggs in a pan of simmering water for 4-5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
6. Place zucchini fritters on plate, top with mushrooms, poached egg and cherry tomatoes to serve.
Recipe and images thanks to Australian Mushrooms.