Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the “Rolling Stones Promotion” (Promotion)
1. Information on How to Enter and prize information form part of these Conditions of Entry (Conditions of Entry).
2. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
3. The Entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with the Terms and Conditions of Entry at the time of participation. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction (whether communicated to an Entrant or not) does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Conditions of Entry generally.
4. All Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Conditions of Entry even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded a prize to the ineligible person. Return of a prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter may be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
5. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of these Conditions of Entry and the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. The Promoter is Retirement Living Today Pty Ltd (ABN 44 074 775 572) Level 5, 8 Help Street, Chatswood, NSW 2067 Australia. (Promoter).
7. The Promotion commences at 12:01 AM (AEST) on 4 July 2014 and ends at 23:59 (ADST) on 23 October 2014 (Promotion Period).
8. Entry in the Promotion is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over, excluding those who are:
(a) management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related entities, and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prizes);
(b) a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 8 (a) of these Conditions of Entry;
(c) persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter;
(Eligible Entrants). The persons referred to in paragraph 8(b) of these Conditions of Entry include natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter) and the Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in its absolute discretion.
HOW TO ENTER
9. To enter and be eligible to win the Grand Prize, persons must, during the Promotion Period register to enter this Promotion at www.WYZA and complete the online survey for one chance in the draw. Registration is free. (“Eligible Entry”). Only one entry per person is permitted.
10. Entrants can only enter the Promotion in their own name.
Anyone found intentionally creating multiple Registrations to generate entries (whether using an alias, false name or abbreviated name) will be immediately disqualified from the Promotion. This includes registrations generated on-behalf of members of competition websites.
11. The Grand Prize will only be awarded following all validation and verification requirements of the Promoter being met to its satisfaction.
12. In order to claim the Grand Prize, the Prize winner may be required to sign a Promotion Participation Agreement on terms determined by the Promoter, including:
(a) confirming their eligibility to enter the Promotion and compliance with these Terms; and
(b) providing a release and indemnity in favor of the Promoter in respect of their participation in the Promotion and participation in the Prize.
GRAND PRIZE DRAW AND PRIZE INFORMATION
13. The Grand Prize draw will be conducted at 2.00pm on 24 October 2014, at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. (Draw Location)
14. The first Eligible Entrant with a valid entry drawn will win the Grand Prize which includes:
- Two premium tickets to The Rolling Stones Concert at 2.00pm (ADST) on 15 November 2014 at Hope Estate in the Hunter Valley, NSW
- Two return economy class airfares from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Sydney (flight associated taxes are included)
- Two nights’ twinshare hotel accommodation in the Hunter Valley in a four star property of the Promoter’s choice
- Return ground transportation from Sydney to the Hunter Valley
Total maximum retail value of the Grand Prize is AU$2,480 including GST. (Grand Prize).
TRAVEL PRIZE CONDITIONS
17. If the winner is a Sydney resident they will forfeit the airfare portion of the prize and no compensation will be given or paid in lieu.
The Winner and their nominated travelling companion must travel at the same time, and depart from the same capital city in Australia. They are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure.
Air tickets are for economy travel on regular scheduled services of each airline selected by a Prize Partner and are subject to seasonal embargos & availabilities. The flight itinerary may need to be adjusted depending on the airline's departure city and their current flight schedule.
Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline in respect of flights booked in this Promotion.
A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, which may be used in relation to incidental charges (which are not included in the Prize).
Once flights and accommodation are booked, changes are not permitted. It is the travellers' personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to meeting the requirements of government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the travellers.
Travel must coincide with the dates specified in these terms and conditions.
If the Winner and their travelling companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date, or do not take a portion of the Prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that portion of the prize will be forfeited by the Winner. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize or any portion thereof.
Participation in the Grand Prize is subject to terms and conditions imposed by the prize suppliers involved in providing goods and / or services as part of or in connection with the Grand Prize.
Changes and cancellations to any booking may be subject to fees payable by the Winner. Unless otherwise specified, spending money, meals, taxes (other than airline/airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers (other than specified), items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included and are the responsibility of the Winner. Unless otherwise stated in the prize details, flights are based on departures from a pre-determined airport, detailed within the prize details.
Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If any part of the Prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any law or written directions from a regulatory authority.
In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not claim, use or accept this prize at or within the time stipulated by the Promoter, the prize will be forfeited by the Winner.
The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
The Grand Prize, or any element, is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Grand Prize, from the time of production of Promotional materials.
In the event of cancellation or postponement of the event after the draw Retirement Living Today will pay the winner $2,000.00 in lieu of the prize.
18. The Grand Prize must be booked by 7 November 2014 and taken by 15 November 2014. Flights and Accommodation are subject to availability.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNER
19. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone, by email, published on: www.WYZA and announced in The Australian newspaper on 28 October 2014.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
20. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions of entry or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. The Promoter will use all reasonable efforts to contact the winner using the contact details provided in his/her entry, however the prize will be considered forfeited if the winner remains uncontactable after 31 October 2014. For any prize that remains unclaimed or forfeited (through ineligibility or otherwise) as at 31 October 2014, the Promoter will have MDSA conduct such further redraws at 10.00AM (ADST) on 3 November 2014 at the same place as the original draw as are necessary in order to distribute any unclaimed prize, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. (Unclaimed Prize Draw).
NOTIFICATIONS OF RE-DRAW WINNER
21. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone, email, published on: www.WYZA and announced in The Australian newspaper on 5 November 2014.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter does not warrant that www.WYZA will be available at all times during the Promotion Period.
23. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of being run as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, subject to States and Territories regulations, including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion.
24. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry or draw mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Promotion, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
(a) Promoter, the Promoter's related entities, and all agencies associated with the Promotion; and
(b) employees, agents, directors and contractors, of all entities referred to in paragraph 40 (a);
shall not be liable for any loss or claim, action, demand, liability, damage, cost, expense or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential loss), incurred, suffered or sustained by any person or entity (without limitation) in connection with, or arising from, the Promotion or the acceptance or use of a Prize, except that which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
26. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning or receiving the benefit of the Grand Prize.
27. The Prize winner must, at the Promoter's request, participate in any Promotion activity (such as publicity and photography) relating to the winning of a Prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in any future promotional material.
28. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
29. All entries become the sole property of the Promoter.
30. The information entrants provide (Personal Information) will be used by the Promoter/s for the purpose of conducting this Promotion. By entering this Promotion, entrants consent to the storage of their personal information on the databases of the Promoter, its related bodies involved in this Promotion. The Promoter and its related bodies may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding their products and services, including contacting entrants via any contact details provided by the entrant without further reference or compensation to the entrant, for an indefinite period or until the entrant opts out from any organisation or prize supplier involved with this Promotion.
32. Entrants can request access to update or correct their Personal Information held by the Promoter and may request that they not receive further Promotional or marketing communications from the Promoter by contacting the Promoter at the address stated in clause 6. Should an Entrant's contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter.
33. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.
34. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/14/04828 & ACT TP14/02145
comments powered by Disqus