Advertisement

An English toddler has been hospitalised after eating easter eggs that are believed to have been contaminated with salmonella.

More than 100 people worldwide have contracted salmonella poisoning after consuming the Kinder Surprise chocolates, which has led to an urgent global recall.

In England, two-year-old Miley fell ill after eating her favourite treat.

“She hadn’t kept any fluids down, she was being quite violently sick,” her mother said.

“She was getting a lot of pain in her stomach and we literally put her in the car and took her straight to hospital.”

But, unaware of what was causing the illness, Miley kept eating the chocolates during her recovery.

“She was even having it in the hospital bed at one point because at that point we didn’t know,” her mother said.

In Australia, the chocolates have been urgently recalled from Woolworths, Coles, Kmart, Big W and other major retailers just 10 days out from Easter.

Food Standards Australia has warned consumers not to eat the recalled products as they may cause illness.

You can find a full list of the recalled products here.

Image: 7News

This article first appeared on OverSixty.

Never miss a deal again - sign up now!