The $4.99 wine has earned experts’ approval throughout the years, with a slew of independent awards from numerous wine shows.
The South Point Estate Rosé has taken out the top spot in a nation-wide poll of ALDI shoppers.
On Monday, ALDI announced the wine as the winner of People’s Pick title in the alcohol category, beating out other popular drinks such as the $21.99 Veuve Monsigny Brut Champagne.
The People’s Picks awards celebrates the most popular out of over 500 products in the ALDI range. The German supermarket’s fans and employees voted for their favourites in a four-week draw.
In the fridge, dairy and eggs category, the Cowbelle Tasty Cheese won the People’s Pick, beating some stiff competition such as the Emporium Selection Le Pave Cheese, which was brought back as a permanent product following popular demand last year.
The $1.25 Di-San Ultra Degreaser Pre Wash Lemon Stain Remover won the cleaning and laundry category, while the $2.99 Storck Knoppers came out on top in snacks and sweets.
“We are very particular about what we sell, especially with our limited range of products. Every item passes through a rigorous quality control process to ensure that it exceeds the high standards our customers have come to expect,” said Scott Tyler, Quality Assurance Director, ALDI Australia.
The category winners are as follows:
- Alcohol – South Pinot Estate Rosé, $4.99
- Baby – Mamia Fragrance Free Baby Wipes, $1.89
- Bakery – Bakers Life Lower Carb, Higher Protein Bread, $4.99
- Beauty and Personal Care – Confidence Toilet Tissue 3ply, $7.99
- Cleaning and Laundry – Di-San Ultra Degreaser Pre Wash Lemon Stain Remover, $1.25
- Freezer – Urban Eats Feta & Spinach Gozleme, $3.99
- Fridge, Dairy and Eggs – Cowbelle Tasty Block Cheese, $7.49
- Meat, Small Goods and Deli – Berg Middle Bacon, $8.99
- Pantry – Brookdale 100% Pure Canadian Maple Syrup, $5.69
- Snacks and Sweets – Storck Knoppers 8pk, $2.99
Photo credit: ALDI Unpacked