- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed and quartered
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 bunches English spinach, trimmed and chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked, plus 1 more for egg wash
- Salt and pepper, to season
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two baking trays with lightly greased baking paper.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add spinach. Cook for 2 minutes or until just wilted. Transfer mixture to colander and cool. Roughly chop mixture.
3. Combine two eggs, feta cheese and spinach mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place pastry sheets on lightly floured surface. Spoon two tablespoons of spinach and cheese mixture in the middle of each square. Brush edges with remaining egg wash and fold squares into triangles. Place on tray and brush tops with egg wash. Bake for 20 minutes or until triangles are puffed and golden. Serve.
This article was written in partnership with Over60.