Use what’s in your pantry to make a delicious snack that will make you want to eat the whole tray. If you’re looking for a mouth-watering treat that the whole family will enjoy, try out this recipe.
- 150g softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric mixer or whisking by hand, beat butter and sugars for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and well combined.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in flour. Stir in dark and milk choc bits.
- Roll 2 level tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on prepared trays, 3cm apart.
- Press down slightly. Decorate with extra choc bits.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden and cooked.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Will you be trying out this recipe?